From: james peterson
Subject: Info on Lisp and Prolog desired
Request for net.wisdom:

	We have 5 RS/6000 workstations (plus X-terminals) we plan to use
	for AI classes and research.  We would like to obtain Lisp and
	Prolog compilers for these machines, but are uncertain of
	the pros and cons of the various commercially available products.

	Early research also suggests this software is relatively expensive;
	the universal price seems to be about $2000 for a single CPU
	license and about $5000 for a 5 CPU license.

	Does anyone have any suggestions for us related to either price,
	performance, or both?

	james sends.
--
james lee peterson				········@CS.ColoState.edu
dept. of computer science
From: Jason Trenouth
Subject: Re: Info on Lisp and Prolog desired

james> Request for net.wisdom:

james> 	We have 5 RS/6000 workstations (plus X-terminals) we plan to use
james> 	for AI classes and research.  We would like to obtain Lisp and
james> 	Prolog compilers for these machines, but are uncertain of
james> 	the pros and cons of the various commercially available products.

james> 	Early research also suggests this software is relatively expensive;
james> 	the universal price seems to be about $2000 for a single CPU
james> 	license and about $5000 for a 5 CPU license.

james> 	Does anyone have any suggestions for us related to either price,
james> 	performance, or both?

LispWorks which includes Common Lisp _and_ Common Prolog in an
X-windows environment sells for $1250 per license to academics. Thus
your five RS/6000Ks would be $6250.  The advantage is that you get
both for that money.

	Contact: ·················@harlqn.co.uk