From: Karl Steiner
Subject: AI and SuperCard
Hi - I'm developing a SuperCard project which draws upon a rule-base.
At the moment, the rules are hard-coded in SuperTalk, but further
development would be greatly aided and enhanced if I could access an
Expert System or even LISP from within SuperCard.  So, does anyone
know of:

 - A set of Expert System XCMDs
 - An Apple Events aware Expert System, LISP or SCHEME
 - A LISP compiler that can produce XCMDs
 - Expert System source that I can make AE aware
 - another (easier!?!) way of accessing an Expert System
   from within SuperCard.

FTPable programs would be great, but commercial products are also
a possibility.  Thanks for any help.

Karl Steiner
·······@bert.eecs.uic.edu
ICE Lab
From: Clinton Hyde
Subject: Re: AI and SuperCard
i haven't done this, but i remember it being a selling point: both
microExplorer and Ivory boards had Hypercard (and presumably
Supercard) XCMDs or XFCNs. this is perhaps a bit more expensive than
you want, however.

i think there are some kind of rule-crunching hypercard stacks around
somewhere (don't think I have them).

a freely available LISP version of OPS5 is around. i'm sure it would
run under MCL...

 -- clint
--

Clint Hyde		"Give me a LispM or give me death!" -- anonymous

Advanced Decision Systems	Internet:  ·····@chesapeake.ads.com
2111 Wilson Blvd #800
Arlington, VA 22201		(703) 875-0327