From: Joe Konstan
Subject: Anyone have a good socket package for CL?
I need a Common Lisp interface to Unix sockets (and hope that
someone else has already written one--if not, I'll of course make
mine available after development).  Does anyone have any leads?

I'd also appreciate pointers to Lisp applications that use sockets,
even if the socket code isn't neatly abstracted out.

For what it's worth, I'm hoping to run on Lucid, Allegro, and TopCL
(perhaps others later) and need an implementation that allows other
code to continue executing (through the multiprocessing features of
each language).  If needed, a polling implementation would be
acceptable.

Thanks for any tips.  I'll collect responses (mailed and posted)
and make them available to anyone who is interested.

Joe Konstan
·······@cs.berkeley.edu
From: Albert Boulanger
Subject: Re: Anyone have a good socket package for CL?
In article <············@agate.berkeley.edu> ·······@cs.berkeley.edu (Joe Konstan) writes:

   I need a Common Lisp interface to Unix sockets (and hope that
   someone else has already written one--if not, I'll of course make
   mine available after development).  Does anyone have any leads?

   I'd also appreciate pointers to Lisp applications that use sockets,
   even if the socket code isn't neatly abstracted out.

   For what it's worth, I'm hoping to run on Lucid, Allegro, and TopCL
   (perhaps others later) and need an implementation that allows other
   code to continue executing (through the multiprocessing features of
   each language).  If needed, a polling implementation would be
   acceptable.

   Thanks for any tips.  I'll collect responses (mailed and posted)
   and make them available to anyone who is interested.

You might look at the socket code in CLX. It consists of a small file
to open the initial X socket.

Regards,
Albert Boulanger