From: ···@sef-pmax.slisp.cs.cmu.edu
Subject: Re: some question about cmulisp
    1.I am using cmulisp ver.16d(the new release) on sun sparc station 1.
      When I run command "(load-foreign "test.o")",the next error
      message is displayed. (The program "test.o" is the object-file of
      c-program "test.c" which is printed in the new release cmu common
      lisp user's manual.)

      Error in function TRUENAME: The file "path:lisp" does not exist.

Try using a full pathname for the "test.o" file.

    2.I want to install cmulisp to NEC ews4800.
      I don't know whether it is possible.
      If it is possible, can someone tell me how to install?

Not possible.  CMU CL is a native-code compiler.  Unlike KCL, it requires
some work to port CMU CL to a new machine architecture, and usually some
additional work to make it run on different versions of Unix.  This hasn't
been done for the NEC machine you mention.  In fact, I don't think anyone
in our group has ever seen this NEC machine.  I don't even know what CPU
chip and operating system it runs.

Right now, we run on Sparc machines under Mach and SunOS, MIPS-based
Decstations under Mach and OSF/1 (but not under the current bsd-based
Ultrix), and IBM RT's under Mach.  Ports to some other machines are under
way, but the NEC machine is not among them.

-- Scott
Scott E. Fahlman
School of Computer Science
Carnegie Mellon University