From: Brad Myers
Subject: RFD: comp.windows.garnet
I propose that the garnet-users mailing list be turned into a new
Internet newsgroup.  Garnet is a user interface development
environment (which might also be called a toolkit, interface builder, user
interface management system (UIMS), etc.) for X/11 and Common Lisp.
The motivation to forming the group is that it is getting to be a
quite large mailing list (about 300-400 people) and there seem to be
many people interested in the system who would like to browse the
discussions, but not get all the mail.

I propose that the new group be named comp.windows.garnet (to be
parallel with comp.windows.interviews, since interviews is a similar
kind of system to Garnet).  This group will be for the discussion
about bugs, features, and questions about Garnet.  I propose that it
NOT be moderated.  The current traffic on the garnet-users mailing
list is about 2 or 3 messages per day, but the number of Garnet users
continually increases so the volumn might increase also.

More information on Garnet is available from me.

Thank you for your consideration,

Brad A. Myers
--
School of Computer Science                      (412) 268-5150
Carnegie Mellon University                      FAX: (412) 681-5739