From: Nancy Mayer
Subject: Existence of AI_ATTIC
This is to announce to the world the existence of the AI_ATTIC. The AI_Attic is an anonymous ftp site maintained at The University of Texas at Austin.  In this
you will find the classic Artificial Intelligence programs, pointers on where
to buy commercial AI programs, and the like.  Some of the programs we have are
Parry, Eliza, Doctor, etc.

	This archive is intended for professors teaching courses in AI and
the students they teach.  But others interested in expert systems, neural
nets, ATN's, perceptrons, etc are, of course, welcome to rummage around.

	As would be expected in an attic, some things in this archive work,
others need a little nudge to get them going, and some of them are "over
the hill" for good.  In all cases they should bring back a sense of
nostalgia to the old timer and give a sense of history to new workers in
the field of Artificial Intelligence.

HOW TO ACCESS THE AI_ATTIC
	The AI_ATTIC is an anonymous FTP site that can be accessed by
telneting or ftping to either the IP address 128.83.186.13 or the node
address, bongo.cc.utexas.edu  At the request for your name, just type the
word, anonymous, and at the request for a password, type your own
personal E-mail address.

It is important that you give us your address, because we want to justify
keeping this archive open and you can help by letting us evaluate how
active it is.  When you follow the above procedure, you will arrive at the
upper level of the attic directory structure.  We recommend that you now
download and read the ##PleaseReadMeFirst##  message to get an idea of what
essentially this message) to get an idea of what is in store for you.  When
is in store for you.  When you have finished your visit, just type bye at
the ftp prompt.

Any questions or comments can be sent to the Atticmaster at the address shown
below:  ENJOY!!!
			Atticmaster:  	Dr. B. V. Koen
					···········@bongo.cc.utexas.edu

		Assistants:		Mark Beaudry