From: LEE KOK KIONG JAMES
Subject: Installing KCL
I tried to install Kyoto Common Lisp on a Sun Sparcstation IPX running
Sun OS 4.2.1 but encountered a few problems when making the object
directory.  I set the MACHINE variable in the makefile in the object
directory to SUN4 but it did not work for all the files.  For certain
source files, the compilation succeeded when I set the MACHINE variable
to SUN3.

In addition, the building of char_table.o from sun_chtab.s also failed.
The error messages gave me the impression that the assembly code in
sun_chtab.s is not recognized.

Please help!!!  Please reply by email.
From: John Sybalsky
Subject: Looking for C users who've returned to Lisp
I've been asked to write an article about former Lisp users who
moved to C -- and have come back to Lisp.  The idea is to look
at what caused their return to Lisp, as a springboard for comparing
the two languages' areas of applicability.

I'd appreciate receiving (by email) references to folks I might
contact, with the intention of describing them and the projects-
that-brought-them-back explicitly in the article.  I expect to use
3 to 5 vignettes as the core of the article.

Obviously, I'm happy to mention WHOSE lisp it was they came back to....

Thanks!
--
--John
Venue