From: Scotrix
Subject: Need help porting xlisp to the Mac -- calloc() fails!
I grabbed the source code to xlisp, and I'm having trouble getting it
to work on my Mac.  I compile it under THINK C version 5, and every
call to calloc() returns NULL.  Replacing calloc with malloc seems to
fix the problem, but I don't want to have to change every calloc in
the code to a malloc!

I know xlisp has already been ported to the Mac -- but that was xlisp
version 2.0, and I have the 2.1 sources and speedups.  And besides,
the Mac xlisp that's already been ported has a *horrendous* interface
-- text-based but no cut-and-paste, no scrolling, no window resizing,
and only one window (lots like IBM DOS!) -- and I want to give it an
interface that's easier for me to use, something similar to Mac
Allegro CL, if I can.

Has anybody gotten xlisp to compile under THINK C 5, and/or written a
better interface for it, and/or have any idea why my calloc calls
fail?

Please reply via email -- I don't get a chance to read news often at
all.  Thanks muchly!