From: Skip Egdorf
Subject: Re: LISPVIEW - Graphics User Interface, HELP!
In article <················@ecn.purdue.edu> ········@ecn.purdue.edu (Ramesh Vaidhyanathan) writes:

   I read the LISPVIEW manual which came with the Sun Common Lisp 4.0.1.
   But I felt that the manual does not give enough details for me to decide
   if I will be able to do this task using LISPVIEW or not. Recently I read
   in this group LISPVIEW being available in public domain. Is this LISPVIEW
   an advanced version than that we have here (which came with SCL 4.0.1)?

The lispview that came with Sun Common Lisp 4.0.1 is version 1.0.
The version on export.lcs.mit.edu is version 1.1.20 (as stored in
lv:*lispview-version*). The newer version requires patches to bring
Lisp up to 4.0.2. How one gets these patches now that Sun Common Lisp
no longer exists from Sun is an interesting question.

How are others out there managing in negotiating with Lucid to pick
up support for their lisp? Are you just sighing and relicensing all your
machines? Are you switching to Allegro? Some other option?

					Skip Egdorf
					···@lanl.gov