From: Mark B Palmerino
Subject: Making xlisp more compatible with Common Lisp
Hi,

I've procured xlisp for use on both a unix system and a Mac (at home) and
desire to program in Common Lisp. When I try to get programs written by
others to work in xlisp, I constantly run into fairly standard Common
Lisp procedures that are not yet implemented in xlisp.

I have a guess that others using xlisp have run into the same problem and
I'm also guessing that this problem has been solved before (over and over
again). So, before I spend alot of time writing a compatibility library I
thought I would ask if anyone knows of:

1) A library of (preferably) xlisp commands that extend xlisp to be more
compatible with Common Lisp.

2) Even better, actual C routines that can be compiled with xlisp to
provide more compatibility with Common Lisp.

3) This might be dreaming, but... Has anyone written a xlisp->C
converter? More generally, does anyone know of a PD lisp->C converter?

Thanks for all your help.

--
Mark Palmerino      ยทยทยท@wjh12.harvard.edu       Voice: (617) 345-9500