From: Hal Abelson
Subject: Re: Abelson & Sussman
In article <······················@cs.yale.edu> ··········@CS.YALE.EDU (K. Srinivas) writes:

   From: ··········@CS.YALE.EDU (K. Srinivas)
   Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
   Date: 29 Jan 92 16:13:57 GMT
   Sender: ····@cs.yale.edu (Usenet News)

   I am looking for a Common Lisp version of the book by Abelson & Sussman
   "Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs" which uses Scheme.

   K. Srinivas

To quote from the instructor's manual for "Structure and Interpretation of
Computer Programs":

A number of people have also asked our advice about the use of Common
Lisp with this text.  In fact, most of the programs in the book could
be transformed to run in Common Lisp.  However, the nonuniform
treatment of operators and operands in Common Lisp expressions and the
possible lack of tail recursion introduce considerable intellectual
baggage to be carried by both students and instructors.  In short, it
is possible to use Common Lisp as the vehicle for a genereal modern
introduction to programming, but it is a little like pouring ketchup
over caviar.

-- Hal Abelson
--

-- Hal