From: Norm Young
Subject: Re: Book on CLOS?
In article <·················@atanasoff.rutgers.edu> ···@cs.rutgers.edu writes:

>In article <············@early-bird.think.com> ······@think.com (Barry Margolin) writes:
>   In article <······················@donau.et.tudelft.nl> ·····@dutecai.et.tudelft.nl (;Leon Kemna) writes:
>   >What book can you recommend on CLOS that is readable to a beginning LISP
>   >programmer. I find Steele's 1990 Common Lisp illegable on this.
>
>   "Object Oriented Programming In Common Lisp", by Sonya Keene, is supposed
>   to be very good.  One of these days I'll actually read it myself....
>
>I've read it and used it in my AI Programming Class.  It is good - as far as
>I know it is the best thing available for Mr. Kemna's needs.
>--
>					Lou Steinberg

I can also recommend "Understanding CLOS: The Common Lisp Object System"
by Jo A. Lawless and Molly M. Miller, published by Digital Press.

It gives fairly thorough coverage of the system's features, in a readable
format. I found it useful in first learning CLOS, which I did soon after
first starting to use Lisp.

Norman Young
Software Engineering Group
University of Waterloo