From: Dzung T. Hoang
Subject: possible bug in type-of in X-Lisp
I think I found a bug in the type-of function in X-Lisp.  The following is
a script.

>(type-of 'outask)
cons
>(typep 'outask 'cons)
NIL
>(typep 'outask 'symbol)

What's going on?  Is there a fix for this?  Is this the behavior of other
Lisp interpreters?

Dzung Hoang
Dzung T. Hoang
···@cs.brown.edu
From: Tom Almy
Subject: Re: possible bug in type-of in X-Lisp
In article <·····················@cs.brown.edu> ···@cs.brown.edu (Dzung T. Hoang) writes:
>I think I found a bug in the type-of function in X-Lisp.  The following is
>a script.

This is xlisp2.1c when NILSYMBOL is declared. Yep, I blew it.

>>(type-of 'outask)
>cons

This should be 'symbol'.

In the function xtype, change:

case SYMBOL:        return (null(arg) ? a_list : a_cons); /* different
                                            from XLISP 2.1 */

case SYMBOL:        return (null(arg) ? a_list : a_symbol); /* different
                                            from XLISP 2.1 */

--
Tom Almy
····@sail.labs.tek.com