From: Jayaram Ramanathan
Subject: question about platforms
I'm currently trying to decide from among a few workstations for
my office.  A primary concern will be how well the machine will
support lisp developmental work.  Right now, I'm looking at three
machines: the Sun Sparcstation, the HP Apollo, and the IBM RISC
machine (the newly introduced 220), all running unix.

I'd very much appreciate hearing from those who have used/benchmarked
any/all of these machines.  Comparative performance analyses would be
very helpful.  In addition to lisp-specific info, other supporting
environment-related info (e.g. windows) would also be most welcome.
If you can suggest some other machine that I haven't included in the
list above, feel free to mention about it in your response.

e-mail would be fine; I can post a summary here if there's sufficient
interest.  Maybe we could even add this to the FAQ file?

-Jay Ramanathan
·······@unx.ucc.okstate.edu
Dept. of Management, Oklahoma State University