From: ken yip
Subject: Which Lisp implementations large organizations really use
Mark Kantrowitz and Barry Margolin have performed a valuable
service by putting together the FAQ.  One question that I and perhaps many
others have is: Which Lisp implementations are used by serious users in large
university and research laboratories and why?

If this question has been discussed before, I'd like to receive a
summary.  Otherwise, I'd appreciate people sending me info about this. If you
have strong opinions for or against a particular Lisp implementation, I'd like
to hear too.  Naturally I will post a summary if enough data points are
collected. Thanks ahead.
From: Wayne Peterson
The Authorizer Assistant by American Express is written
in Lisp (and Art) on Symbolics computers.  It is a
transaction based system running in real time and it
has a 100% uptime (running on 20 xl1200's).

It has been in operation for over three years, and presently
includes all card products.  I think that you could say
that it has been a success as for several years it was
maintained by only two people.