From: ······@tekcsc.WV.TEK.COM
Subject: CLOS and CLX together.
Hi,

Has anyone got experience using CLOS and CLX together?  I am interested in
using CLOS for X windows development.  Any references or ideas would be
extremely helpful.

Thx in advance,

Steve
<······@orca.wv.tek.com>
From: Simon Leinen
Subject: Re: CLOS and CLX together.
.  Has anyone got experience using CLOS and CLX together?  I am
   interested in using CLOS for X windows development.

CLOS and CLX are a very good foundation to build a toolkit upon.  I
use TI's free version of CLUE (Common Lisp User Interface Environment)
which implements a programming model very similar to Xt.

Because CLUE is written in a real object-oriented language, writing
new widget classes ("contacts" in CLUE terminology) is very painless,
not like in Xt.

You can ftp CLUE anonymously from ti.com, file /pub/clue.tar.Z.  The
tarfile also contains CLIO, a contact set that implements (2D) the
OpenLook(TM) specification.
--
Simon Leinen.
Laboratoire d'Intelligence Artificielle