From: Tracy Jeannine Wiseman
Subject: Need lisp recommendations: type, availability, advice, etc.
I've just entered graduate school, and am taking an AI class for my first
class.  I'm just trying to pin down what's available as far as lisp compilers,
documentation, etc.   And what the differences are as far as different
types of lisp.

I'm looking for some version of lisp that I can use at work and at school,
preferably on a Sun/Sparcstation or on an Intel-based Unix machine.

Questions:
	1- What types of Lisp are available?  I have GNU Emacs Lisp and some
	   kind of Interleaf Lisp available at work.  At school the default
	   Lisp is Franz Lisp.  I have also heard CLOS mentioned.

	   What are the differences, the advantages/disadvantages, etc.?
	   I guess the primary things I am looking for are
		-ease of use
		-ease of understandability (doc. avail.)
		-runs on the platforms mentioned above

	2- Where are these different types of Lisp available?

	   I assume there are commercial products available... are there any
	   that are particulary affordable for students?

	   Are there public domain versions available?  If so, where, or where
	   could I find information as to what is available where?

	3- What documentation is available?  Recommended?

	4- What questions *should* I be asking that I am not?  If you need
	   to be prescient to answer this, never mind...

If these are FAQ's, and there is a regular posting that answers them, would
someone please send me a copy?  If not, please email any replies to

		·····@unify.com

instead of posting, and I will be happy to summarize to the net.

Thank you so much for any information,

Tracy
--
Tracy Wiseman	       #include <stdDisclaimer.h>    internet: ·····@unify.com
Unify Corporation      DoD #555                      uucp:     uunet!unify!tracy