From: Morpheus Nosferatu
Subject: Wanted: summary of Common LISP functions
I'm looking for a summary of common lisp functions.  I've done a fair
amount of programming in Franz lisp, but I've found the differences
between the two make it difficult to use common lisp.  So wonder if
anyone can point me to where I could find a summary of common lisp
functions, or the differences between Franz and common lisp.  I've
checked a number of ftp sites with lisp stuff of this sort, but have
not found anything yet.  Any pointers would be gratefully appreciated.
BTW- I'm not looking to buy any books unless I have to.

From: Chris Petrilli
Subject: Re: Wanted: summary of Common LISP functions
In article <·····@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> ········@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Morpheus Nosferatu) writes:

   I'm looking for a summary of common lisp functions.  I've done a
   fair amount of programming in Franz lisp, but I've found the
   differences between the two make it difficult to use common lisp.
   So wonder if anyone can point me to where I could find a summary of
   common lisp functions, or the differences between Franz and common
   lisp.  I've checked a number of ftp sites with lisp stuff of this
   sort, but have not found anything yet.  Any pointers would be
   gratefully appreciated.  BTW- I'm not looking to buy any books
   unless I have to.

Well, unfortunately, the best way is to buy a copy of the book that
basically defines the Common Lisp language: _Common Lisp_ written by
Guy Steele which is now in it's second edition (I think).

Chris
From: Charles A. Cox
In article <·····@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> ········@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Morpheus Nosferatu) writes:

> ...  So [I] wonder if anyone can point me to where I could find a
> summary of common lisp functions, or the differences between Franz
> and common lisp.

  I have a 1005 line file of postings gathered over the years that
specified differences between Franz Lisp and pre-x3j13 Common Lisp.
I'll send it to you in a separate message.  Anyone else who wants a
copy, please let me know.  If I get a bunch of requests, I'll post it
here.

	Charley (···@franz.com)
--
---
Charles A. Cox, Franz Inc.        1995 University Avenue, Suite 275
From: Joel M. DeYoung
In article <·····@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> ········@sage.cc.purdue.edu (Morpheus Nosferatu) writes:

> ...  So [I] wonder if anyone can point me to where I could find a
> summary of common lisp functions, or the differences between Franz
> and common lisp.

Try the following book:
  Common Lisp:  The Language
  by Guy L. Steele, Jr.
  (c) 1984 Digital Equipment Corporation
  ISBN 0-932376-41-X

Here you will find detailed specifications on all the Common Lisp functions and
constructs.  It also compares Common Lisp to other dialects, as well as
including a few helpful programming tricks.

Hope this helps.

Joel M. DeYoung              |
Harding University           |    vecturist \`vek-che-rist\ n: a collector
··········@acs.harding.edu   |      of transportation tokens
(501) 279-4562               |
From: Kevin W. Rudd
There is also a work called "Common Lisp: The Reference" which is a companion
to "Common Lisp: The Language".  It was written by Franz, Inc.  This is the
reference from a local database.  Note that it may be somewhat dated in regards
to the latest "standard" as in CLTL-2e.

  -- Kevin

AUTHOR:       Franz
TITLE:        Common Lisp: the Reference
IMPRINT:      Addison Wesley Pub Co Inc., 1988. (Paperbound.
                ISBN:0-201-11458-5)
PRICE:        $29.95

--
·····@umunhum.Stanford.EDU