From: Omar Patino-Siliceo
Subject: Taboo: MCL 2.0 and PCL (March 92 or newer)
Season's Greetings to all!

I've been using Allegro CL 3.X plus PCL for quite some time. I just bought MCL
2.0 and found out that it does not [yet] fully implement the meta object
protocol (neither does PCL but I can live with what PCL currently offers).

My application requires the use of the class option :metaclass in the macro
defclass, and the dynamic change of class definitions.

Has anybody built (ported) PCL to MCL 2.0? I'm spoiled using UNIX systems. All
I had to do (under that kind of environment) in order to compile PCL was to
modify a few lines (subdirectory paths and such) and run a make command. I have
no idea how to do it in MCL. Any help that you can provide will be greatly
appreciated.

--
  /  \	| |  Omar Patino-Siliceo * Computer Ctr. Vanderbilt Univ. *  Box 1375,
 |    | |-   Sta. B. Nashville, TN 37235.  ***   ``Research is what I am doing
 _\  /_ | \  when I don't know what I'm doing''          --- Wernner von Braun