From: Pierre Nam Huyn
Subject: LCL+foreign functions+multitasking
Functions (in C) that normally block (e.g. read function)
no longer do so when imported to LCL. The hypothesis is
that multitasking within LCL interferes with the OS scheduling.
I tried "with-scheduling-inhibited" without success.

Questions:
1. Do other LCL users experience the same problem (I'm using
   LCL4.0 under HPUX7.0 on a HP9000/370.
2. If it is a common problem, is there any fix for it.

Thanks.
----------
Pierre Huyn, ····@hplabs.hp.com
From: Doug Morgan
Subject: Re: LCL+foreign functions+multitasking
In article <······················@hplabsz.hpl.hp.com> ····@hplabsz.hpl.hp.com (Pierre Nam Huyn) writes:

   Functions (in C) that normally block (e.g. read function)
   no longer do so when imported to LCL. The hypothesis is
   that multitasking within LCL interferes with the OS scheduling.
   I tried "with-scheduling-inhibited" without success.

Try "with-interrupts-deferred".  If I remember correctly, under
"with-scheduling-inhibited," the timer signal is still activated with
only difference being that the scheduling signal handler does not pass
control to a different thread.  (This is for a Sun though.)

doug
Doug Morgan, ····@ads.com, (415) 960-7300
Advanced Decision Systems (a division of Booz-Allen & Hamilton Inc.)
1500 Plymouth St., Mountain View, CA 94043-1230