From: Octavio Juarez Espinosa
Subject: looking information about lambda calculus
Hi,

I'll appreciate if you send me some regerences about lamda calculus for
beginers.

Thanks in advanace.

Sincerely,

Octavio Juarez Espinosa

--
Octavio Juarez Espinosa
Gabriel Valerio 1134

From: Marty Hall
Subject: Re: looking information about lambda calculus
In article <····@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx> ·······@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx
(Octavio Juarez Espinosa) writes:

>I'll appreciate if you send me some regerences about lamda calculus for
>beginers.

Since you posted this in comp.lang.lisp, you may be interested in references
in the context of LISP. If so, take a look at "LISP, Lore, and Logic: An
Algebraic View of LISP Programming, Foundations, and Applications", by
Richard Stark. Springer-Verlag 1990.

					- Marty
(proclaim '(inline skates))
From: Ken Dickey
·······@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Octavio Juarez Espinosa) writes:

>I'll appreciate if you send me some regerences about lamda calculus for
>beginers.

I would recommend Michael Gordon's _Programming Language Theory and
its Implementation_, Prentice Hall, 1988, ISBN 0-13-730417-X.

The classic (although somewhat heavy going) is Barendregt's
_The Lambda Calculus, Its Syntax and Semantics_, North Holland,
1981, ISBN 0-444-87508-5.

-Ken
From: Richard A. O'Keefe
In article <····@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx>, ·······@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Octavio Juarez Espinosa) writes:
> I'll appreciate if you send me some regerences about lamda calculus for
> beginners.

	Introduction to Combinators and Lambda-Calculus
	J. Roger Hindley & Jonathan P. Seldim
	London Mathematical Society Student Texts 1
	Cambridge University Press 1986
	ISBN 0 521 31839 4 (paperback)

--
You can lie with statistics ... but not to a statistician.
From: Leander Conradie
·······@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Octavio Juarez Espinosa) writes:

>Hi,

>I'll appreciate if you send me some regerences about lamda calculus for
>beginers.

>Thanks in advanace.

>Sincerely,

>Octavio Juarez Espinosa

>--
>Octavio Juarez Espinosa
>Gabriel Valerio 1134
>Saltillo, Coahuila    CP 25000
>Mexico  email ·······@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx

Try any of the functional programming books, such as Chris Reade's Elements of Functional programming or Field and Harrison's Functional Programming. Both are Addison Wesley titles.

Leander Conradie
·······@up.ac.za