From: Fred Tusveld
Subject: CL unusable for Process Control?
Hello,

Recently, I was told by someone from Gensym that Lisp's Garbace Collection problems was the main reason for them to start delivering in C.
I was surprised to hear this, as I thought Lisp there was a large number of process control applications written in Lisp.
I do recall other examples of people denouncing Lisp for process control applications for the same reason. It made me wonder how the GC problem was dealt with in earlier implementations of Gensym, Mercury and similar Lisp process control implementations.

Thanks in advance.

Fred Tusveld
ICT Automatisering Deventer BV
tel. +31 5700 33888