From: Michael Perez
Subject: I'm looking for a program
    I am using common lisp and I am looking for a program that will
get 3 missionaries and 3 cannibals to the other side of the river using
1 boat.  If there are more cannibals than missionaries at anytime the
cannibal will eat the missionaries.

I am also looking for a program able to access and maintain a
geneology database. (person mother father).

If anyone can help me just mail the program to me.
           Thanks in advanced.
From: Mike Rose
Subject: Re: I'm looking for a program
On 16 Apr 92 20:49:40 GMT, ······@ringer.cs.utsa.edu (Michael Perez) said:

>    I am using common lisp and I am looking for a program that will
>get 3 missionaries and 3 cannibals to the other side of the river using
>1 boat.  If there are more cannibals than missionaries at anytime the
>cannibal will eat the missionaries.

But cannibals are supposed to eat missionaries, that's their job.

When I was assigned this problem we weren't allowed to have more
missionaries than cannibals, because the cannibals would be converted,
"a fate worse than death".
--
Mike Rose, ·····@stsci.edu, 410-338-4949