From: Ken Dickey
Subject: Clocks: lost in the sands of time...?
Some time ago I read a paper describing how a/some components of a
physical clock/watch were used for multiple purposes and did not form
a strict hierarchy.  I believe that it was published in the late '70s.

If some person recognizes the reference from the above description,
would you please send it to me?  {AI people seem to be good at pattern
recognition and search, yes?}

{To the Author: Yes. I know. I should remember. But I have read a
*lot* of papers since then.  I seem to be having a problem precisely
representing large numbers of real data points in finite memory.}

Thanks much,
-Ken Dickey				ยทยทยทยท@data.rain.com