From: Steve Green
Subject: Package problem
I'm trying to compile a large system using Allegro CL 4.0 and I've run into
a problem which has totally stumped me.  Maybe someone can help me find an
answer.

While loading one file which compiles several others I have the following
definition:

(shadowing-import '(identity name-of space spl-consumed time um-thing)
                      (find-package "PENMAN-KB"))

This definition is in a package called "PENMAN".

Now, in a file which is being compiled I have the function (which is also in
the package "PENMAN"):

(defun CONSUMED? (entity)
  (if (let ((?e (loom::find-instance entity))) (loom::ask (penman-kb::spl-consum
ed ?e)))
      t))

Upon compilation, this function returns the error:

[...lots of stuff deleted...]
; Compiling CONSUMED?
Error:   Can't find :CONCEPT named COMMON-LISP-USER:SPL-CONSUMED.
Error occurred in the query:
   (LOOM:ASK (COMMON-LISP-USER:SPL-CONSUMED ?E))

Does anyone have any idea what is going on here?  It's making me crazy :-)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Steve Green