From: Mark Feblowitz
Subject: Wanted: pointers to direct manip. interface pkgs
I am interested in finding out about any direct manipulation interface
tools supporting editable diagrams containing boxes (or any shapes)
and connecting lines. The types of manipulations are the standard
placement and moving of boxes and (re)routing of connecting lines. I'd
especially like to have the shapes and lines be mousable (beyond the
basic editing functions), with the mouse actions bindable to use
functions, and I'd like some default placement support.

I'd like pointers to anything like the above. Public domain and source
are preferable, but I'd like to know of any such packages.

I'm currently using KEE on top of Sun Common Lisp 4.0 (Lucid 4.0) and
Common Windows on a SPARCstation.
--
Mark Feblowitz   GTE Laboratories, Inc., 40 Sylvan Rd.  Waltham, MA 02254
						(617) 466-2947
From: Michael P. Bergamo
Hello,

the following request was made:

I am interested in finding out about any direct manipulation interface
tools supporting editable diagrams containing boxes (or any shapes)
and connecting lines. The types of manipulations are the standard
placement and moving of boxes and (re)routing of connecting lines. I'd
especially like to have the shapes and lines be mousable (beyond the
basic editing functions), with the mouse actions bindable to use
functions, and I'd like some default placement support.

I'd like pointers to anything like the above. Public domain and source
are preferable, but I'd like to know of any such packages.

I'm currently using KEE on top of Sun Common Lisp 4.0 (Lucid 4.0) and
Common Windows on a SPARCstation.

  I am about to embark on a long jorney to write that. It sure would be
nice if I did not have to. Please send any pointers to the above to me.

Michael P. Bergamo
Artificial Intelligence Technologies, Inc.
···@ait.com