From: Michael Ryan Ginn
Subject: Scheme for PC
Question:

     Where can I find a full Scheme implementation for an MSDOS 33MHZ 386 w/4
megs?

     I've been using TI Scheme, which is good in some ways, but I've found it
rather slow.  The editor is also a bit weak (it doesn't have a replace
command, for example).

     I'm particularly interested in a powerful implementation that can use my
memory (either expanded or extended under Windows or MSDOS), and has full
support for 43 or 50 line emacs-like editing.  Efficiency is important.  An
interface to C or C++ would be nice.  It's ok if it costs a reasonable amount
of money.

     If this is a FAQ, please point me to the FAQ-file archive.

     I appreciate any pointers that you can give me, because I need a version
of Scheme to continue my reasearch.

---Michael