From: Bill Roth
Subject: Stupid KCL question
I have KCL 1.58? for the NeXT, and when I compile a .lsp file I get a
valid Mach-O Object file. Does this mean I can compiler it into an app and
call my lisp functions from, say, C?

Bill Roth,  University of Wisconsin Physical Sciences Laboratory
·············@psl.wisc.edu ·············@pslu1.psl.wisc.edu /608-873-6651
From: Christopher M. Whatley
Subject: Re: Stupid KCL question
In article <····················@pslu1.psl.wisc.edu> ····@pslu1.psl.wisc.edu (Bill Roth) writes:

 I have KCL 1.58? for the NeXT, and when I compile a .lsp file I get a
 valid Mach-O Object file. Does this mean I can compiler it into an app and
 call my lisp functions from, say, C?

Not likely.

Something you might want to investigate is using CLINES to put C in
your LISP code. Basically, it is inserted in the c-code that the LISP
compiler translates to. One thing you can't do is use Objective-C
(i.e.  no NeXTStep) since Yonezawa's gcc and gas hacks do not support
it. You can, however, write wrappers to Objc code and build them into
the image when you compile with NeXT's gcc (cc) that will call the
Appkit routines. I have done this sort of thing for X on the NeXT.
Most other environments allow you to faslink in a C library but, the
NeXT port requires that you build your libraries in when loading
saved_kcl.

Another thing you might do is call Next and protest that they have had
the Allegro Common Lisp upgrade collecting dust at their offices for
months without sending it out (Jerks!). ACL on NeXT has an Appkit
interface.

--
	 Chris Whatley - The UNIX Guy - UT-Austin Mathematics
     E-mail: ·····@{math,emx,cs}.utexas.edu, ·····@gnu.ai.mit.edu

"I shall not cause harm to any vehicle, nor the personal contents
thereof, nor through inaction let that vehicle or the personal
contents thereof come to harm."
					-- The Repo Code