From: bryan wright
Subject: AKCL on DS3100, Ultrix 4.0
Hi there,

	Has anyone successfully built AKCL on a DECstation 3100
running Ultrix 4.0?  I've tried using the dec3100.defs and .h files
included with akcl-1-600, but get many errors during compilation --
for example illegal pointer combinations in files like format.c,
iteration.c, etc..  The kcl mailing list archive file on gatekeeper.dec
.com includes several postings which make it sound like akcl has been
built and run successfully on DECstations running Ultrix 3.??, but there's
no mention of later Ultrix versions.  Any suggestions?

			Thanks in advance,
			Bryan Wright
·····@sphinx.phys.virginia.edu		(804) 924-6814
From: greg
Subject: Re: AKCL on DS3100, Ultrix 4.0
In article <·····················@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU>,
·····@sphinx.phys.Virginia.EDU (bryan wright) writes:
|> Hi there,
|>
|> 	Has anyone successfully built AKCL on a DECstation 3100
|> running Ultrix 4.0?  I've tried using the dec3100.defs and .h files
|> included with akcl-1-600, but get many errors during compilation --
|> for example illegal pointer combinations in files like format.c,
|> iteration.c, etc..  The kcl mailing list archive file on gatekeeper.dec
|> .com includes several postings which make it sound like akcl has been
|> built and run successfully on DECstations running Ultrix 3.??, but there's
|> no mention of later Ultrix versions.  Any suggestions?
|>
|> 			Thanks in advance,
|> 			Bryan Wright
|> ·····@sphinx.phys.virginia.edu		(804) 924-6814

	I was able to get this built after I undefined VOL
(i.e. -DVOL= ).  I believe that was it, if it still doesn't build, reply
back and I'll dig back into it.

	Good luck,
	greg

Greg Sylvain			UUCP: 			...!{uunet}!umbc3!greg
Academic Computing Services	Internaet (arpa): 	····@umbc3.umbc.edu
Systems Programmer		BITNET:		 	·····@UMBC