From: Lynnwood Hines - pdes
Subject: passing a string from C into running LISP process
I am trying to pass a C string into a LISP function and not having
much luck.  I am working on a DECStation 5000/200 and using
Allegro CL 3.1.12.2.  The manual refers to an include file called
lisp.h that is supposed to be at the top of the C code to be foriegn
loaded.  The problem is that there is no such file, and the two macros
SymbolValue and Vecdata (which apparently do a conversion between a C
string and something LISP can swallow) are supposedly defined in it.

Can anyone tell me what one has to do to a C string such that LISP
can interpret it, OR where to find these macros?

						Lynwood Hines
p.s. please post responses to ·····@pdesds2.atg.trc.scra.org OR
·····@cme.nist.gov.