From: Kris A. Schneider
Subject: CL cross-referencing & profiling?
Hi folks,

Couple of Common Lisp (Lucid) questions:

I've got a fairly large collection of fns in multiple files
that I'd like to prune a bit.  Is there a way to do, say:

(who-calls 'fn1)

and get the names, if any, of other fns that call fn1?
Of course, if it returned nil I'd either prune fn1 or save
it some place else.

Also, is there any way to do profiling?  I'd like to run my
code on a variety of problems and generate some data on where
the bulk of work is being done so I can pinpoint areas for
optimization.

Thanks for any leads!

-Kris
········@arisia.xerox.com
From:  Steve Olson
Subject: Re: CL cross-referencing & profiling?
In article <····················@parc.xerox.com> ········@parc.xerox.com (Kris A. Schneider) writes:
   Couple of Common Lisp (Lucid) questions:

   I've got a fairly large collection of fns in multiple files
   that I'd like to prune a bit.  Is there a way to do, say:

   (who-calls 'fn1)

   and get the names, if any, of other fns that call fn1?
   Of course, if it returned nil I'd either prune fn1 or save
   it some place else.

   Also, is there any way to do profiling?  I'd like to run my
   code on a variety of problems and generate some data on where
   the bulk of work is being done so I can pinpoint areas for
   optimization.

   Thanks for any leads!

   -Kris
   ········@arisia.xerox.com

Which version of Lucid?  Which machine/OS?  Both of these are in version 4.
Although for Suns, the "Treeshaker" is not documented. (Lucid will give you
the doc. if you call and ask.)

BTW, anybody for comp.lang.lisp.lucid?

--
-- Steve Olson