From: Joan McGalliard
Subject: Request: Common Lisp on PC's
We want to port some Common Lisp code to a PC (ie IBM and
compatibles).  I would like to compile a list of CLs
available for these machines.  I have access to Gold Hill,
but that is the only one of which I know.

Could people please send me the names of any CL on PCs and,
if possible, the name of a supplier and any relevant
comments.  I will summarise the responses.

Thank you

Joan McGalliard (···@latcs1.lat.oz.au)
--
"A hedgehog is a gerbil               Joan McGalliard,
 designed by Baptists."               Latrobe University,

From: Jeffrey Jacobs
Subject: Re: Request: Common Lisp on PC's
Expertelligence, in Goleta, CA markets Procyon Common LISP (at least
I think its shipping now).

I believe this is an OS/2 product, however.  I have not seen or reviewed
this product.  I believe it is a "full" CL implementation, which would
make it and Gold Hill the only two "full" CL implementations for the PC
world.

Jeffrey M. Jacobs
ConsArt Systems Inc, Technology & Management Consulting
P.O. Box 3016, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
voice: (213)376-3802, E-Mail: ·········@COMPUSERVE.COM
From: lawrence.g.mayka
In article <·····@well.sf.ca.us> ·······@well.sf.ca.us (Jeffrey Jacobs) writes:
   this product.  I believe it is a "full" CL implementation, which would
   make it and Gold Hill the only two "full" CL implementations for the PC
   world.

Plus Symbolics CLOE.

	Lawrence G. Mayka
	AT&T Bell Laboratories
	···@iexist.att.com

Standard disclaimer.
From: David Neves
In article <·····@well.sf.ca.us> ·······@well.sf.ca.us (Jeffrey Jacobs) writes:

>Expertelligence, in Goleta, CA markets Procyon Common LISP (at least
>I think its shipping now).
Expertelligence says that they won't be shipping until July.  I seems
to remember hearing prices between 1 & 2 thousand when I talked to
them on the phone.

--
The Institute for The Learning Sciences
1890 Maple St., Evanston, Il.  60201
From: Douglas Merrill
There is a Common LISP for PC machines made by Sapiens Software,
called Star Sapphire Commong LISP.  The current version is 3.1.  It
costs $99 currently (I think), and they offer an academic discount.
as far as I know, the current version is a "Full" implementation (or
at least I haven't had any problems...)

D. Merrill
····@clarity.princeton.edu