From: Van Snyder
Subject: Re: Graphics in Macintosh Allegro Common Lisp
We have a need to get at Macintosh toolbox stuff in Allegro Common Lisp.
That part is easy.  We'd like very much *NOT* to make the displaying of
pictures, painting and reacting to buttons, windowing, etc. Mac-ish.
That is, we'd like very much to put a portability layer between our REAL
application and the Mac-only graphics toolbox provided by MACL.  We have
in mind a layer designed like the Silicon Graphics toolbox.

Has anybody such a portability layer, for any environment -- X-windows,
Sun-View, NextStep, SGI (trivial), MACL, ...

If so, we'd like to get it, but more importantly we'd like to know the
pitfalls you stumbled into along the way.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give us.

--
·······@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov
ames!elroy!jato!vsnyder