From: Alessandro Forin
Subject: parallel lisp
I have ported Multilisp to a variety of machines running Mach,
multiprocessors and not.  The best parallel lisp currently is,
as far as I can tell, Mul-T from Dave Kranz for the Encore.
Both are Scheme-based.
Qlisp is/was an extension of Common Lisp for the Alliant-FX,
I do not know if it is/was ever made available to people.

sandro-

From: Arun Welch
Subject: Re: parallel lisp
BBN had/has a parallel CL for their Butterfly, based on Multi-Scheme.
A massively wierd beasty, but it works. The reason I say has/had is
because they only sold 6 copies of it, and it's now officially
unsupported.

...arun
Arun Welch
Lisp Systems Programmer, Lab for AI Research, Ohio State University
·····@cis.ohio-state.edu
From: Mark Ahlenius
Top Level out in Cambridge? MA, has a parallel CL that they sell for
a number of multiprocessor platforms.

I have only talked with these folks and have not used the product.

Contact them @ (413) 256-6405 for more information.

The were demo'ing the 2 processor version on the Data General Avion Platform
at the AAAI in Boston last summer.  They were also working on a few
other ports too.

	'mark
--
===============	regards   'mark  =============================================
Mark Ahlenius 		  voice:(708)-632-5346  email: uunet!motcid!ahleniusm
From: Dan Neiman
     Just to correct some information in a previous message...

     Top Level, Inc. is located in Amherst, MA.  Their phone number is
(413) 549-4455.   Their parallel common lisp runs on a number of
multiprocessors including the Sequent Symmetry and the Encore.
The parallel Lisp supports futures and lightweight processes called
threads.    The version I'm using (version 1.0) has a debugging
interface which runs on a TI Explorer and allows the programmer to debug
the individual parallel processes.  As I understand it, version 2.0
of Top Level Common Lisp will include a X-window based debugger with
debugging and metering software.

    I'm using the parallel lisp in my research on parallel production
systems and know the people at Top Level, but am not otherwise
associated with them.

Dan N.