From: Stephen L Nicoud
Subject: CL FTP Program
Is there a CL program available that provides a programmatic interface
to FTP running on a unix box (Sparc IPC, SunOS 4.1.1).

I have a program which runs in Franz Allegro CL.  It needs to read
files which reside on a mainframe.  FTP appears to be the only way I
can access the files from my Sun, hence my request.

I'm not sure what I would do with such a program, but I guess I'd
advise the file handling functions (e.g., open) so that if a host was
specified in a pathname that was other than the local host it would
use an FTP program to do the file access.

Stephen