From: Nayel Shafei x6268
Subject: OO Database for Lisp
Hello,

Are there any object-oriented database systems that work with CLOS, or any other
lisp variation?

Thanks.

Nayel Shafei
--
	Nayel Shafei
	Computervision

From: Scott Simpson
Subject: Re: OO Database for Lisp
In article <····················@puma.prime.COM> ······@cvbnet.prime.COM (Nayel Shafei x6268) writes:
>Are there any object-oriented database systems that work with CLOS, or any other
>lisp variation?

Itasca Systems, Inc. makes an OODB for CL called Itasca. Itasca is the
commercial successor the Orion OODB prototype developed at MCC. Itasca
supports CL, C and Fortran. I have a price list dated September 1,
1990 that lists a license fee of $3995, a technical support fee of
$719 for one copy. For the graphical user interface, the license fee
is $495 and the technical support fee is $89.

	Itasca Systems, Inc.
	2850 Metro Drive, Suite 300
	Minneapolis, Minnesota 55425

	612/851-3155
	FAX: 612/851-3157

There are a number of papers on Orion. The paper I have is

"Architecture of the ORION Next-Generation Database System", Won Kim,
Jorge F. Garza, Nathanial Ballou, and Darrell Woelk, IEEE Transactions
on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 1, March 1990.

Won Kim you will recognize as the author of a popular object-oriented
database book. (I'm sorry. I don't recall the title but I think it is
called "Object-Oriented Databases and Applications".)
--
Scott Simpson			TRW			·····@coyote.trw.com
From: R. Muralidhar
There is an object-oriented database system called ITASCA from Itasca
Systems, Minneapolis, based on a work done at MCC. In addition to usual
LISP interface, it also has a C interface and also claims to support
distributed database, and a client/server model.

--
Murali
From: lawrence.g.mayka
In article <····················@puma.prime.COM> ······@cvbnet.prime.COM (Nayel Shafei x6268) writes:
   Are there any object-oriented database systems that work with CLOS, or any other
   lisp variation?

The Statice OODB, sold by Symbolics Inc., is totally integrated with
New Flavors, which is very similar to CLOS.  Flavors (and hence
Statice) and CLOS also enjoy a degree of integration in that every
flavor is also a CLOS class and hence can have CLOS methods
specialized for it (as well as Flavors methods, of course).

Symbolics is currently soliciting interest among its customers for a
proposed Portable Statice, which would undoubtedly be integrated with
CLOS.

	Lawrence G. Mayka
	AT&T Bell Laboratories
	···@iexist.att.com