From: USENET News System
Subject: How are your integers distributed?
I have read (but can't remember where) that for many Lisp and
functional programs, most of the integer values that are created are
fairly small values.  How small?  Can anybody provide me with results
on the distribution of different sized integers for various
`representative' programs?

For example (these figures are fictitious):

    Integer range:	Occurs:
    -99..-1		6%
    0..99		85%
    100..999		7%
    other sizes		2%

Thanks in advance for any information (including references) that you
can provide.

·········@massey.ac.nz          Evan Ireland, Department of Computer Science,
 +64-6-3569099 x8541          Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand.