From: James THIELE
Subject: LISP Machine windowing doc.
I have a copy of the "LISP Machine Manual", circa 1982, describing
the version of LISP used by this machine as developed at MIT
and commercialized by Symbolics and (I believe) LMI (? LISP
Machines Inc.?).  The manual contains a passing reference to a
"LISP machine windowing document".

Can anyone tell me whether this ever really existed and what its
real name and/or tech note/memo number was?  Is it available in some
MIT or other library?

Failing that, is there a description of the LISP Machine windowing
system in the literature somewhere?

Failing that, can someone tell me what were the basic innovations involved
in the system?

Please respond via email.

Thanks,
James Thiele