From: David K. Braun
Subject: Common Lisp compilers for DOS
In article <·····················@morrow.stanford.edu> I wrote:
>I'm looking for a Common Lisp compiler (not interpreter) for my 386 DOS
>machine.  I would prefer a free or shareware version, but will accept a
>commercial version as well.  Can anyone please tell me where I can find one?

I received a few responses which didnUt list any free or shareware versions,
and indicated that most complete Common Lisp compilers for DOS cost a fair
amount of money, somewhere in the neighborhood of $1,000.  Compilers which fit
in this category follow:

Golden Common Lisp by Gold Hill Computers
Entity Common Lisp by ExperTelligence
CLOE by Symbolics

Compilers for $100 or less:

Golden Common Lisp Student Edition by Gold Hill Computers
Star Sapphire Common Lisp by Sapiens Software ($95 from the ProgrammerUs
  Connection)

Compilers somewhere in the middle:

Procyon CL by Scientia (The educational price is 450 pounds, and the student
  price is 200 pounds.)

To those of you who responded:  Thank you very much.  Your information was
most helpful.

David K. Braun
·····@SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU
From: Carl Turner
Subject: Re: Common Lisp compilers for DOS
·····@SUMEX-AIM.Stanford.EDU (David K. Braun) writes:
>In article <·····················@morrow.stanford.edu> I wrote:
>>I'm looking for a Common Lisp compiler (not interpreter) for my 386 DOS
>>machine.  I would prefer a free or shareware version, but will accept a
>>commercial version as well.  Can anyone please tell me where I can find one?

>Compilers for $100 or less:
>
>Golden Common Lisp Student Edition by Gold Hill Computers

I have the Student Edition, but it's just an interpreter, there's no
compiler.  Perhaps Gold Hill released a recent version with a compiler
included?

--
vxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvxvx
v  Carl Turner                             Psychology Department             x