From: Kevin A. Gary
Subject: looking for Lisp-based Prolog
I am looking for a Lisp-based Prolog interpreter. We have dire need for
a compiler/interpreter that can make use of Prolog's evaluation strategy
with the power of Lisp for a mainly Lisp-based implementation.

Any public domain versions for a Sun station, VAX/Unix machine, or
Harris/Unix machine would be terrific. Otherwise, low-cost or even
PC versions would be useful.

Thanks,

Kevin G.

····@enuxha.eas.asu.edu
gary.enws92.eas.asu.edu

From: Dave Goggin
Subject: Re: looking for Lisp-based Prolog
In article <··················@enuxha.eas.asu.edu> ····@ENUXHA.EAS.ASU.EDU (Kevin A. Gary) writes:

>I am looking for a Lisp-based Prolog interpreter. We have dire need for
>a compiler/interpreter that can make use of Prolog's evaluation strategy
>with the power of Lisp for a mainly Lisp-based implementation.

>Any public domain versions for a Sun station, VAX/Unix machine, or
>Harris/Unix machine would be terrific. Otherwise, low-cost or even
>PC versions would be useful.

>Thanks,

>Kevin G.

>····@enuxha.eas.asu.edu

I'm thinking o writing one, maybe I'll give you a
I am also looking for this item, only I'd like it
for MS-DOS and in NanoLISP, if possible.

copy when i'm done.  >gary.enws92.eas.asu.edu
From: Matthew Huntbach
In article <··················@enuxha.eas.asu.edu> ····@enuxha.eas.asu.edu (Kevin A. Gary) writes:
>I am looking for a Lisp-based Prolog interpreter. We have dire need for
>a compiler/interpreter that can make use of Prolog's evaluation strategy
>with the power of Lisp for a mainly Lisp-based implementation.

You could try looking at Poplog - developed at the University
of Sussex, UK; I'm not sure who distributes it now. It is an
integrated system involving several languages including Lisp
and Prolog, with facilities for interfacing between the
languages.

Matthew Huntbach
From: Aaron Sloman
···@cs.qmw.ac.uk (Matthew Huntbach) writes:

> In article <··················@enuxha.eas.asu.edu> ····@enuxha.eas.asu.edu
        (Kevin A. Gary) writes:
> >I am looking for a Lisp-based Prolog interpreter. We have dire need for
> >a compiler/interpreter that can make use of Prolog's evaluation strategy
> >with the power of Lisp for a mainly Lisp-based implementation.
> >
> You could try looking at Poplog - developed at the University
> of Sussex, UK; I'm not sure who distributes it now. It is an
> integrated system involving several languages including Lisp
> and Prolog, with facilities for interfacing between the
> languages.
>
> Matthew Huntbach

It is still developed at Sussex, distributed commercially by
Integral Solutions Ltd, with sub-distributors in other countries.
(Addresses below).

Poplog does not include a Lisp-based interpreter for Prolog. But it
does include incremental compilers for both Common Lisp and Prolog
(and for Pop-11 and Standard ML). The latest version (14) includes
an interface to the X window system.

If Kevin really wants an _interpreter_ for Prolog, he'll have to
look elsewhere. But if he wants to mix Lisp and Prolog programs in
one process, e.g. sharing datastructures between them, then Poplog
may suffice.

The process size for Poplog Common Lisp plus Prolog starts at around
2.5 MBytes on a Sun-4. Less on a Vax or Sun-3.

Contact addresses for more information:

In USA and Canada
    Prof Robin Popplestone
    Computable Functions Inc.,
    35 South Orchard Drive,
    Amherst, MA 01002, USA      Phone(413) 253-7637

    Email ···@cs.umass.edu

Academics in the UK
    Ms Alison Mudd
    University of Sussex
    Brighton, BN1 9QN           phone: 0273-678116
                                email: ····@uk.ac.sussex.cogs

All others
    Integral Solutions Ltd
    Unit 3, Campbell Court
    Bramley,
    Near Basingstoke,
    Hampshire,
    RG26 5EG
    England
    Phone   +44 256 882028     Fax +44 256 882182

    email ···@integ.uucp    ···@integ.co.uk.

I hope this helps
Aaron Sloman,
School of Cognitive and Computing Sciences,
Univ of Sussex, Brighton, BN1 9QH, England
    EMAIL   ······@cogs.sussex.ac.uk
or: