From: Ernst Lippe
Subject: Wanted: socket routines for (a)kcl
We are planning to do some prototyping work based on Common Lisp. For
this work we want to use sockets as interprocess communication
mechanism. Therefore, we would be very interested in a set of socket
interface routines written in (a)kcl.

Thanks in advance,

       Ernst

  Ernst Lippe                                   | E-mail:
  CAMERA distributed version management project |    ·····@serc.nl
  Software Engineering Research Centre          |    ...!mcvax!serc!lippe
  P.O. Box 424; 3500 AK Utrecht; Holland        |
From: Simon Leinen
Subject: Re: Wanted: socket routines for (a)kcl

Ernst> We are planning to do some prototyping work based on Common
Ernst> Lisp. For this work we want to use sockets as interprocess
Ernst> communication mechanism. Therefore, we would be very interested
Ernst> in a set of socket interface routines written in (a)kcl.

CLX, the Common Lisp X Windows library, communicates with the X server
using X sockets.  The CLX distribution therefore contains socket code
for various Lisp implementations, including (A)KCL.  At least if you
want your Lisp to connect to some kind of server via a TCP stream, you
should be able to use the connection code from CLX almost directly.

The latest version of CLX is available via anonymous FTP from
expo.lcs.mit.edu as /contrib/CLX.R4.4.tar.Z (1102893 bytes).

Ernst> Thanks in advance,

You're welcome,

Ernst>        Ernst
--