From: David Gadbois
Subject: Re: Used Lisp Machine
    From: ········@athena.cs.uga.edu (Michael A. Covington)
    Date: 16 Feb 91 00:44:51 GMT

    This is not an official notice, but the University of Georgia may be
    interested in disposing of a used 3-cpu LMI Lambda Lisp Machine
    (only 2 of the CPUs work right now), including a 550-MB disk and 4
    terminals (3 of them fully functional) and all manuals and numerous
    tapes.

    Is there any market for such things?  How much would it be worth?

A few months ago, I bought two LMI 2x2s for $5.00 each.  You may be able
to get a few hundred for yours as scrap.  The Lambdas may have been fine
machines in their day, but with no support and lots of things to go
wrong, it would take a real fanatic to want to try to keep one running.
(And I am sure all the fanatics already have their garages full of
them.)  Me, I'm using one as a liquor cabinet and wondering why I lugged
the other one home.

--David Gadbois