From: ···@lastresort.cs.umass.edu
Subject: Continuations (continued)
From dime!lastresort.cs.umass.edu!pop Wed Feb 13 09:30:46 EST 1991
Article 2989 of comp.lang.lisp:
>From: ···@lastresort.cs.umass.edu
Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
Subject: Continuations
Date: 13 Feb 91 02:06:42 GMT
Sender: ····@dime.cs.umass.edu
The last message I submitted lost some text, unfortunately. Approximately
it should have read:

In treating continuations in Common Lisp it is necessary to treat special
variables appropriately. This caused us grief in 1971 before the Scheme-led
move to lexicals, when all variables were in effect special. It made the
creation of continuations expensive. I would be interested to discover how
current Lisp implemenations would treat this issue.

I think in fact that the capability is actually available to the (mostly
European) users of Poplog Common Lisp, via. the call pop11::consprocto