From: Roy M. Turner
Subject: CLX and streams (request)?
For a multi-agent simulation project, we are using Lucid Lisp and CLX as the
interface to X (I know, I know, there are better ways, but that's what we're
using, nonetheless).  We're neither X nor CLX hackers.

What we need is a way to treat a CLX-defined window (or portion of a window)
as a stream, so we can do formatted output, etc., to it.  Input from a window
via a stream would be nice, too, but I don't have high hopes for that.  Does
anyone know of a way to do this? (I may not have a chance to read news for a
while, so e-mail responses would be much appreciated.)

Thanks a lot.
   --Roy

--
Roy M. Turner