From: Jonas Barklund
Subject: Education
On the four-year Computer Science undergraduate program at Uppsala
University we have since 1981 used LISP is the first programming
language to teach to our students. We are now considering to start
instead with Prolog, possibly with some functional programming
extensions.

I would appreciate to hear about experiences and points of view from
other educational institutions who use LISP, Prolog or other
logic/functional programming languages as the first language for
novices. I would also like to hear from "the other side", i.e., those
who don't, why they don't.

Please respond soon by email to ·····@csd.uu.se. I will summarize to
those who responded, or in these newsgroups.

If anyone knows about a newsgroup or mailing list for topics like
these, please let me know.

--
Jonas Barklund, Computing Science Department, Uppsala University
Email ·····@csd.uu.se, phone +46-18-181050, fax +46-18-521270