From: Nirad Sharma
Subject: Integrating lisp with c code
Is it possible ?  If so,  which implementations am I looking for ?  I'd prefer
public stuff but commercial implementations are not out of the question.
If it matters, this is for a sparc.
--
Nirad Sharma  (·······@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au)		Phone : (+61 7) 365 7575
Systems Programmer					Fax :	(+61 7) 365 7099

From: Nirad Sharma
Subject: Re: Integrating lisp with c code
·······@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au (Nirad Sharma) writes:

>Is it possible ?  If so,  which implementations am I looking for ?  I'd prefer
>public stuff but commercial implementations are not out of the question.
>If it matters, this is for a sparc.

BTW,  I wanted to integrate lisp in c but I'm open to a lisp that integrates
c and has the ability to either read files or read command-line args.
From: Barry Margolin
In article <·················@brolga> ·······@brolga.cc.uq.oz.au (Nirad Sharma) writes:
>Is it possible ?  If so,  which implementations am I looking for ?  I'd prefer
>public stuff but commercial implementations are not out of the question.
>If it matters, this is for a sparc.

Most commercial Common Lisp implementations for Unix provide a "foreign
function" interface, that allows C functions to be loaded into a Lisp image
and called from Lisp, as well as allowing calls back into Lisp from C.
There's no standard interface to these features, though.

KCL and its derivatives, and Chestnut's Common Lisp implementation,
translate Lisp to C.  You can then link in other C programs.  KCL is free,
and should be available from most archive sites.
--
Barry Margolin, Thinking Machines Corp.

······@think.com
{uunet,harvard}!think!barmar