From: Terence Sim
Subject: Lisp for PC
Hi.  I don't suppose this is a new question, but I would appreciate
any help on this.

I'm looking for a relatively good (ie. complete) Common Lisp package
for the PC and compatibles.  I have been recommended Golden Common Lisp,
by Gold Hill Computers.

Where can I get a copy of GCLisp?
How much is it?
Does anyone have the address of Gold Hill Computers?
Would you recommend some other Common Lisp implementation for the PC?

Please email me to lemme know.
Thanks a lot!

%% Terence Sim
%% ······@cs.stanford.edu

From: Mario Rodriguez F.
Subject: Re: Lisp for PC
······@leland.Stanford.EDU (Terence Sim) writes:

>Would you recommend some other Common Lisp implementation for the PC?

    There's XLISP, a good clone of Common Lisp. It has almost all of
the functions available for Common Lisp, and it's also object-oriented
(haven't explored those posibilities, though). It's available with
anonymous FTP from Simtel-20 (wsmr-simtel20.army.mil). Look in the
PD1:[MSDOS.XLISP] directory. It should be called xlsp21ex.zip; the full
documentation is called xlispref.arc and xlispdoc.arc.

   Good LISPing!

   -- Mario R.
From: Tom Almy
In article <····@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx> ········@mtecv2.mty.itesm.mx (Mario Rodriguez F.) writes:
>······@leland.Stanford.EDU (Terence Sim) writes:

>>Would you recommend some other Common Lisp implementation for the PC?

>    There's XLISP, a good clone of Common Lisp. It has almost all of
>the functions available for Common Lisp, and it's also object-oriented
>(haven't explored those posibilities, though).

I'd strongly suggest the "improved" version with bug fixes and much more
Common Lisp compatability, modified by myself and about a half dozen others
people.

You can get a version of 2.1, bugfixed and with major extensions (toward
Common Lisp) from:

glia.biostr.washington.edu	128.95.10.115
bikini.cis.ufl.edu		128.227.224.1

Look for file xlisp21b.zip.

This version comes with executables for IBM/PCs and also has an 80386 protected
mode version. Source code, docs, and lisp examples included. Includes
UNIX-specific code as well, but not Macintosh, etc.
--
Tom Almy
····@sail.labs.tek.com