From: Jared Nedzel
Subject: Lucid Lisp/ Foreign Function Interface/ Malloc question?
Help!  I'm writing a network communication utility that is written in
C but is called by Lucid Lisp 4.0 (on a Sun Sparcstation SLC) through
the foreign function interface.  The C routines use a linked list
to buffer messages before they are sent to the Lisp routines.  However,
when I try to create a new structure in the C code using malloc,
the Lisp bombs with the message:

	>>Trap: Interrupt: segmentation violation

Any idea what is going on here?  Is dynamic memory allocation in
a routine called by the foreign function interface verboten?

Please send e-mail.  I'll repost if there is enough interest.

Jared L. Nedzel  ······@cive.stanford.edu   ···@portia.stanford.edu
From: Jared Nedzel
In article <······················@leland.Stanford.EDU> ···@leland.Stanford.EDU (Jared Nedzel) writes:
>Help!  I'm writing a network communication utility that is written in
>C but is called by Lucid Lisp 4.0 (on a Sun Sparcstation SLC) through
>the foreign function interface.  The C routines use a linked list
>to buffer messages before they are sent to the Lisp routines.  However,
>when I try to create a new structure in the C code using malloc,
>the Lisp bombs with the message:
>
>	>>Trap: Interrupt: segmentation violation
>
>Any idea what is going on here?

I'll tell you what's going on here.  I'm an idiot.  Found my silly
bug (and it wasn't in the Lisp routines).  Thanks to Eric from Lucid.
So don't bother to send me e-mail.