From: Mark Brinsmead
Subject: Lucid Debugger
    I am currently in the throws of implementing a window-based
debugger interface for Lucid (Sun) Common Lisp on top of express
windows.  (For those who don't already know, express windows does
not mix well with debuggers...)

    I have managed to achieve most of what I want to do, but
there is one last nagging problem;  how do I make the ":A"
(abort) command stop throwing all the way to the lisp top level?
(My applictation also has its own top level function, to which I
would like to return after errors.)  I have tried catching
throws to system:top-level, but this does not work.

    Could anyone (especially anyone at lucid...) throw me a useful
hint?

-- Mark Brinsmead
   Alberta Research Council

   email:     ···@arcsun.arc.ab.ca    --or--   ···@[128.144.1.3]
   telephone: (403) 297-2662
From: Mark Brinsmead
Subject: Re: Lucid Debugger
In article <·····················@arc.ab.ca>, ···@zero.arc.ab.ca (Mark
Brinsmead) writes:

|>     Could anyone (especially anyone at lucid...) throw me a useful
|> hint?

    Never mind!  I figured it out.  For some reason, it never occurred
to me that a commercial CL debugger might actually make use of conditions
and restarts.

    My appologies for the waste of net bandwidth!