From: Juergen Kreuziger
Subject: CLUE/CLX on Sun Lucid CL 3.0.1 (Help needed)
I am trying to install CLUE on SUN Lucid Common Lisp Version 3.0.1. I am
using
       5/1/90 MayDayPCL(REV4)
       CLX4.4
       CLUE7.20

on a SUN SPARC Station. Everything compiles fine, but when I run menu.lisp
of the CLUE examples I get the interesting error 'The function 10 is unde-
fined.'

Does anybody already installed these software packages successfully? I would
be very glad if you can send me a working makefile or give me any hint whether
I have to use some patches. I have added the error message and the
makefile I am using to build the system.
Thanks a lot in advance.

   Juergen Kreuziger
   Institute for Real-Time Computer Control Systems & Robotics
   Faculty for Informatics
   University of Karlsruhe
   Germany

   E-Mail: ·······@ira.uka.de

> (clue-examples::just-say-lisp "")
>>Error: The function 10 is undefined.

UNDEFINED-FUNCTION:
:C  0: Try evaluating #'10 again
:A  1: Abort to Lisp Top Level

-> :b
UNDEFINED-FUNCTION <- CLUEI:CHANGE-GEOMETRY <- PCL::|(METHOD CLUEI:CHANGE-
LAYOUT (CLUE-EXAMPLES::COLUMN))| <- PCL::A-COMBINED-METHOD <- PCL:CALL-
NEXT-METHOD <- unnamed function <- PCL::|(METHOD CLUEI:CHANGE-LAYOUT
:AROUND (CLUEI:COMPOSITE))| ...

First I build up a lisp image containing PCL. I changed the following
files of CLX:
- socket.c : path of X-libs is changed to /usr/openwin/share/include/X11
- depdefs.lisp : (defvar *def-clx-class-use-defclass* t ...), so that
  classes are really used.
Then I run a Makefile (see below) and get a lisp-image with CLX and CLUE.
I inserted PCL in the use-list of menu.lisp.

-----------

I am using the following Makefile:

(load \"defsystem\")\
(load-clx)\
(cd \"${cluedir}\")\
(defvar *clx-directory* \"${clxdir}\")\
(rename-package (find-package (quote lisp)) \"LISP\" (quote (\"COMMON-LISP\")))\
(make-package \"CLUEI\" :use (quote (common-lisp xlib)))\
(import (quote lucid-common-lisp::ignore-errors) (find-package (quote cluei)))\
(load \"defsystem\")\
(compile-clue)\
(quit)"' | /tools/clue/lisp-pcl